In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- CareCredit We accept CareCredit! Apply now!
- Choosing a new puppy - This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Heartworm Society - Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems - Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline housesoiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- National Animal Poison Control Center - This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- www.aphis.usda.gov - The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge - Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- PetFinder - Search a vast database to find a homeless pet to adopt.
- HomeAgain Pet Recovery Service - A pet microchip creates a forever bond between you and the pet you love. And together with the HomeAgain pet recovery system, you'll give your pet the best chance of coming back home to you.
- Humane Society of Northeast Texas - This non-profit 501(c)3 organization is funded through city and county contracts, public donations and adoption fees. The Humane Society accepts all animals brought through its doors and is dedicated to finding homes for as many of them as possible. They are dedicated to serving the community by providing a safe haven for animals, inspiring awareness and compassion, and promoting the human-animal bond.
- Pick of the Litter - Pick of the Litter is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation dedicated to helping find homes for homeless and unwanted animals.
- Windridge Therapeutic Equestrian Center - Windridge strives to enhance the quality of life for people who are dealing with disabilities and/or situations in their lives which are debilitating. This is accomplished through seven distinct, yet overlapping programs which provide education, exercise and therapeutic benefits through horseback riding.